Church | Difference Maker
Summary: Do not just aspire to be different, aspire to make a difference, with the love of Jesus.
Key Scripture: Matthew 5:13-16 NIV 13 “You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled underfoot. 14 “You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden. 15 Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. 16 In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.
How to become a difference maker.
1 Keep God central in your life.
- “Commit your work to the LORD, and your plans will be established.” Proverbs 16:33 ESV
- “Before we can change the world, we have to change our ways.” Steven Furtick
- “But blessed are those who trust in the LORD and have made the LORD their hope and confidence.” Jeremiah 17:7 NLT
2 Take a stand and lead by example.
- If you think & act like everyone else, it will be hard to make a difference.
- “Be strong and courageous; do not be afraid or terrified of them, for it is the LORD your God who goes with you; He will never leave you nor forsake you.” Deuteronomy 31:6 BSB
- “It’s not what you’ve got, it’s what you use that makes a difference.” Zig Ziglar
3 Serve people with gladness.
- “Happiness... consists in giving, and in serving others.” Henry Drummond
- “You, my brothers and sisters, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the flesh; rather, serve one another humbly in love.” Galatians 5:13 NIV